I’m not sure what came first, noticing one of our children having sensitive skin or wanting to be more conscious of the things we are putting on our skin and into our bodies? Either way, both are an excellent reason to do a little research and make some changes. While I was pregnant with Marigold (Christmas 2015), we decided to cut way back on sugar and carbs. The changes were a little rough for one of us to adjust to (ahem, me), but we have done very well! And, I really appreciate the positive results we’ve experienced.
Then, a few months ago I felt led to stop using dryer sheets and start using wool dryer balls from Grove Collaborative. We needed something toxin-free and chemical-free. (Plus, a set lasts for nearly 1,000 loads??? It’s true!) These dryer balls were something I added to my cart, not a sponsored product, although I do have a deep love for Grove and working together to share their products. Occasionally, MWD works with Grove, but this wasn’t the case with the wool dryer balls.
I think it’s important we ask WHY, especially with things that aren’t working well, and most especially with things that we do “just because that’s the way we’ve always done them.” Like with the dryer sheets! I bet if you peeled back one of your processes or mindsets, if you dug a little deeper and looked for the healthier option, you’d find a better/easier/smarter way to do things. Every time I ask WHY I’m infinitely encouraged and affirmed. (Just like I wrote here.)
Also, I just love the phrase, “Our babies will inherit our planet.” Amen.
My friends at Grove, the same ones I mentioned earlier in this post, are offering a free Laundry Kit (which has no fragrances, dyes, or masking agents) to all new customers. Ohhh, you ask?
Place your first order with Grove Collaborative ($20 minimum) and receive the following items FOR FREE:
- Seventh Generation Free & Clear Laundry Detergent
- Seventh Generation Free & Clear Stain Remover
- Seventh Generation Free & Clear Fabric Softener
- Free Shipping & 60 Day VIP Trial
Grab your Laundry Kit and free VIP trial now — this offer ends June 11th, and supplies are limited. There are three easy steps to getting started:
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative here. You will receive the Laundry Kit for free when you sign up.
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products you love and receive your first box within a few days.
- You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order.
And so, any tip that makes our day-to-day life a little bit simpler is a GOOD tip in my book!
Here are five tips my family relies on (and thrives on):
– early to bed (but not always early to rise) is a great “reset” for my body and mind
– overwhelmed with your mountain of clean laundry? Set up a laundry folding station, also known as a table kept clear just for folding clothes ;)
– intentional time outside, breathing in the fresh air and letting go of stress on my exhale
– purchasing multiples of household essentials to delay how often I need to shop
– try! Seriously, JUST TRY, and see what happens. Related: try that new thing, say hello to another person, get out your craft supplies, be patient with your husband, say “no” to things that don’t make sense. Right? It’s so important we try :)
Oh, and our child’s sensitive skin issue? Totally cleared up since discontinuing the dryer sheets. (Fist bump!)
Don’t forget to grab your free Laundry Kit…