WELCOME TO THE THREE-YEAR-OLD CLUB, MAXWELL! I’m amazed that you have been three for an entire week now. (Where is the time going?) Honest to goodness, the morning after your birthday felt as though you had transformed into a new phase of awesomeness. You are so fun to be around, so curious over life. Your smile lights up my world!
It’s a real adventure being your mama, so for this month’s 10 things I love post I want to focus on YOU!
1. I partially can’t believe how well you speak. I mean, I have “talked to you” for years now, so this makes sense. But still, I’m amazed over how well you’re able to carry a conversation with others. I love the curious questions you ask, and the way you say “it’s wind-ing” instead of “it’s windy”.
2. it takes just a couple of minutes before you ask someone, “How was your day?” — with the most genuine tone ever. It brings me great joy to see you show such kindness to your neighbor.
3. your favorite food is fruit! Which makes sense, that’s about all I craved during your pregnancy ;)
4. your storytelling abilities are seriously rad. You’re descriptive and elaborate, and you engage your entire body when you speak.
5. when I look at your face I still see newborn Maxwell nestled deep within your 3-year-old features. This is fascinating, how you can look exactly the same as when I first saw you and like the little boy you’ve grown into today. God sure knows what He’s doing, and I am overjoyed to be witnessing His talents through the eyes of a mama.
6. the day you realized you could play with your little sister. That was a fun day, for both of us! The giggles and (newly) two-sided conversations, and how you rest your hand on Natalie’s back when you bend over to talk to her. These are great moments to witness! Lucky me :)
7. You recently started asking me to “sing a song with your whistler” — meaning, Whistle me a tune, mama!
8. the sound of your feet entering the hallway around 3:15pm as you tell me, “I had a great nap!” You proclaim this every single day! And, just recently you started peeking out the living room window and saying, “It’s a beautiful day, mama!” YES IT IS, SWEETIE, yes it is :)
9. how cool you look in your sunglasses. I mean, seriously Maxwell…
10. when you declared playing in your new backyard was like playing in the forest! (I mean, did he want to make Zack and I feel 200% confident we made the right decision moving our family to Michigan? Because that just about did us in. Max loves playing outside and asks me daily to go to the park or the duck pond, so to have him recognize that our backyard, trees and dirt and grass and all, is like a forest gave us such affirmation. YES! :))
So that’s my list of ten happy things about Maxwell I’ve tucked away in my memory bank. I can’t even imagine the list I’ll have next year. Life is so sweet, but it’s even sweeter when we have someone(s) to share it with ;)