Here is my October list of ten “things” I love, including a few random musings:
1. My very favorite nail polish color is Chinchilly by Essie. It’s a mix of purple and gray, and it’s gorgeous. And the best part? Every time I paint my nails in this color I paint them perfectly. It’s insane. And I love it :)
2. Having a stocked fridge and pantry makes me feel like supermom, like I can accomplish anything the kids throw my way because, WE HAVE FOOD!, and meals will be served!, and eating solves all varieties of hangry! Amen.
3. Having Zack out of the country for 12 days (I thought it was 11, turns out it was really 12 #snort) has taught me so much about parenting. Like how much more difficult I can make my day when I start throwing around expectations. For example, who cleans up the kitchen, or who does baths, or who gets Natalie up from her nap so she doesn’t wake up Max? — those kinds of expectations. And I’m about to type something kind of crazy, but: it was actually easy having Zack gone. I thought I was going to have day after day of personal meltdowns, but I was fine! Seriously! I think most of the success came from me already knowing what was ahead of me. I knew I needed to stay on top of groceries and diapers and laundry and meals, so every day I made sure each of those areas was maintained; I knew I needed to get my rest; I knew I needed to schedule fun things for myself and fun things to do with the kids. Confession: on the morning of my OB appt I booked our babysitter a couple extra hours so I could have some time for myself ;D And while I’m grateful we had a smooth 12 days, we sure are happy to have Zack back home!
4. Our November book club read has me stalking my inbox for my library hold notification. Have you read it?
5. A thought process we talked about at bible study last week: addressing the women in our lives as, Dear sister in Christ. Just thinking about them in that light instantly gives them a positive charge. It’s a good reminder for myself, too, that that is how I want others to address me. To give one other all our grace and love, to always assume the best — this was a beautiful reminder.
6. ICED TEA! Since we’re still having hot, hot summer days, iced tea is where it’s at! I recently made a pitcher of ginger pear (from Trader Joe’s) and of course Max was interested in trying my “new drink”. After a long sip I asked him if he liked it, and he said to me all breathy, “nooo”. Then he walked away and said, “I need a sip of water. I need to get this out of my mouth.” I about died. Hearing him speak in complete sentences is so rewarding, and a total LOL ;)
7. So grateful for this testimonial on our ebook, Building a Business: how to dream, plan, make, sell and share your online shop:
“I am in love with this book! Although I have been working at my business for a while, this book is giving me the direction I need to get noticed. I am currently updating my business practices, and am using Building a Business as my go-to guide. This was the kick in the pants I needed to go from a hobby to a business. Maggie and Elise have done a great job of providing relatable advice and great resources to figure out the nuts and bolts of running a business. The advice given is invaluable!” — Naomi Blom
8. Natalie has mastered the eye squint, nose scrunch, ear-to-shoulder, all teeth showing GRIN! It’s such a big, happy smile, her entire soul lights up when she smiles and that makes my own soul do cartwheels. I want to remember the way she shares her happiness with me forever!!!
9. Are you reading my blog on a mobile device? I finally made my site mobile friendly! Hopefully the larger text makes reading (and leaving comments) much easier.
10. Motherhood Maternity is having a huge sale right now: buy 3, get 1 free including clearance items! On Friday I bought floral skinny jeans, three tank tops (this John Lennon graphic print and this striped print in pink/white + black/white), and sleep shorts — all for less than $56. This is totally not an ad, just a fun PSA I wanted to share.
What’s going on in your life that is making you super happy? Leave a comment below, I would love to know.
PS. I need to make the binding for Maxwell’s quilt, then it’ll be finished. Do you have a tutorial to share?