Our seasonal gift guides are quite possibly my favorite semi-annual blog events, and it’s because the handmade community is spectacular, talented (so talented!), full of great energy, and I love being a part of it. If you’re like me then you love learning about new shops, getting to know the owners, and peeking into their work spaces. Another bonus is all of the cheering on that takes places. Yeow!
So with great anticipation it’s finally time dish all the details on our…
Summer is going to be here so soon. Actually, this week in Los Angeles it’s supposed to be in the mid-80’s — so don’t hate me, but I already feel like it’s begun. Next month the nation will be preparing for Memorial Day weekend, which is the official kickoff to summer (at least in Michigan). I think I heard all the lakes and beaches cheer aloud… wink. There are exciting times head of us, that’s for sure.
In preparation of the warmer months it’s time to start chatting about our 2014 Summer Gift Guide.
If you’re a shop owner this post will have all of the details on how to sign up (click here for a direct link to the form).
If you’re a handmade buyer, you’ll want to bookmark this page.
This time we’re changing things up a tiny bit with our gift guide, and the main difference is we are now offering a super large ad (700 x 200 pixels; see below) with each gift guide listing. (You can view our 2013 Summer Gift Guide here.)
We are accepting a limited number of shops into each gift guide, and we’d love to hear from YOU! All shops will be accepted on a first-come/first-serve basis, and we encourage all shops that represent a similar vision as the Maggie Whitley Designs blog to apply.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING HANDMADE CATEGORIES:
– jewelry + keepsakes
– creative art [paintings, illustrations, prints] – clothing + accessories for mamas/kiddos/babies
– diaper bags/camera bags
– newborn essentials: feeding, playing, teething, bedtime, travel
– home decor + accessories [indoor/outdoor, home + cottage] – vintage pretties [art, home decor, clothing + accessories]
YOUR 75-DAY GIFT GUIDE AD INCLUDES:
* your shop name
* a short description of your shop
* your location [city, state] * a list of the 3 favorite items from your shop
* a price range [ie: $10 to $90 USD] * a 700×200 pixel ad/logo
* a link your shop
* a “pin” via Pinterest to our dedicated 2014 Summer Gift Guide board
* a group Facebook mention + a link to the guide
* placement in our Gift Guide sponsor blog post + the MWD blog sidebar
GIFT GUIDE DETAILS:
–Duration: the guide will run for 75 days, from May 15th – July 31st
– Ad size: 700×200 pixels
– Price: our PRE-BOOK rate is $90 USD, paid via PayPal. After April 15th the cost is $100 USD
– Feature: Each participating shop will be spotlighted in a group Facebook post [one time during the duration of the guide], a pin to a dedicated Pinterest board + an introductory blog post on Monday, May 19th, as well as frequent tweets and IG photos promoting the SGG
To create a successful gift guide we are accepting a limited number of shops. Please be sure to fill out the signup form if you’re interested in securing a space in the guide.
THE SUMMER GIFT GUIDE WILL BE PROMOTED TO:
Facebook: 28,000+ likes | Twitter: 11,800+ followers | Blog: 115,00+ monthly page views | Pinterest: 8,900+ followers | Instagram: 13,800+ followers
BONUS: If you sign up for both a sidebar ad and a Summer Gift Guide ad, you’ll receive a 15% discount off any sidebar ad booked during the SGG term [the deadline to sign up for the SGG is Wednesday, April 30th]. Please send Jenn an email for sidebar sponsorship rates: jenn at maggiewhitley dot com
Pre-book now through April 15th for just $90. The final deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 30th. Click here to sign up for the Maggie Whitley Designs 2014 Summer Gift Guide, I’m so excited to work with you.