It’s late in the evening as I type this, and the quiet of the evening is settling in around me nicely. The furnace is bringing warm air into each room, Bauer is taking his 37th nap for the day, and my mind is re-playing some of the silly things the kids have done or said recently. These happy things bring me much comfort :) I’ve had a few extra doctor appointments this pregnancy, more than we thought we’d be having, and so even though my bones are sore come nighttime, I’m really thankful God has lead us through with such comfort. Pregnancy is hard on our bodies, isn’t it? (Amen.)
For the next few “10 things I love” posts, I want to focus on each of our children. This month I’ll feature Natalie, next month I’ll feature Maxwell (his birthday month), and then I’ll feature our newest bundle in April (I’m due on the 15th). I have a very strong feeling about the gender, but it’s still a mystery to us :) Any thoughts — boy or girl?
Here are ten things I’m really loving // cherishing // never wanting to forget about Ms. Natalie:
1. it’s amazing to witness the way you love your babies. You have one in particular you love with extra greatness: your pink teddy bear. You squeal as you crawl over to her, you give her hugs, you lift her to my mouth for a kiss. And then come bedtime, you put her under your cheek as you drift off to sleep. It’s very heartwarming to watch you love your little bear.
2. you’re a big fan of having a bedtime snack. Like, a really big fan! If I forget to give you a snack you (very loudly) remind me as I’m trying to sing you to sleep.
3. the other day I found you trying to put on your shoes. You had your foot lifted up and had extended your arm out with your shoe in your hand. Seriously! You are so smart and well-coordinated. Learn baby girl, learn!
4. you are definitely “a blankie girl”, just like your big brother! You bring your blankets everywhere you play. And if you’re ever cranky, your blanket is your number one comfort.
5. your hair has gotten so long, we can finally tuck it behind your ears! (When it’s not pulled up into a “whale spout”, that is!)
6. at night when we’re snuggling, in the dark of your bedroom, you often reach your hands up to my cheeks and draw me in close to your. We are nose to nose, and I cherish that you want me this close to you.
7. if I’m ever unsure where you are, because you’re being too quiet, you’re most likely standing at your blue bookshelf and reading a book :) at nearly 17 months old, you’re our little book worm!
8. yesterday I caught you as you were emptying your dresser drawer. No no, Nony! And to no surprise, when I asked you to put your clothes back in the drawer you did it! You are such a good listener ;)
9. your favorite day of the week is quickly becoming Thursday: trash day! The garbage truck drives down our cul-de-sac, and you squeeeeeeal like it’s a surprise they’re back again! I LOVE IT! You and Maxwell wave to the men, and they wave back, and every week my mama heart explodes a bit. Such sweetness you and your brother bring me.
10. and perhaps my favorite is watching you grow up a little bit more, every single day. As hard as it is to be so engrossed in this mamahood thing, it’s a real gift to me, and I recognize it as a gift. I think that’s what makes each day at home with you so special… we have found our rhythm together, and we get to practice together often. Right now one of your favorite places to be is in my arms, sitting on my baby bump, and it reminds me of all the days I wore you as a tiny baby. Precious memories, my little lady.
Veeshee is offering one Maggie Whitley Designs reader a custom baby blanket AND bib of their choice (a $105 value).
Here’s how to enter:
+ follow Veeshee on Instagram: @veeshee.baby (required entry), be sure to leave your IG handle in the comments!
+ visit their website and leave a comment below sharing a link to your favorite baby Veeshee product/customization
+ share this giveaway on social media and leave a comment below sharing the permalink of your share. (You can share once per day per social media platform.) If you’re reading this post on my blog, click the social media links below for super easy sharing.
This giveaway is open to US residents only. Thank you so much for supporting the shops that help support me and my family. It’s no small thing to me that you’re a part of this community…
PPS. you can find all past “10 things I love” posts HERE!