As a personal exercise to start noticing the small things around me I started a blog series titled “Ten things I love”. There are oodles of happy things happening all the time, but we sometimes have to pull ourselves out from our daily routines, then it’s much easier to notice! This month I wanted to focus on ten things that I’m really enjoying right now.
1. The quilt I’m working on for Max is coming along so well! I am pretty impressed with myself, considering this is my first quilt ;) You can see some of my progress here and here and here. I have the top quilted and am getting ready to make the binding. Hooray!
2. I read something that totally made my mama brain go click: “Perhaps some day’s unpredictability and variety overshadow the responsibility of motherhood. You can hardly imagine what you do in a day that stays done. That is one reason to get involved in a hobby or project or class. In such things, you can see and feel progress or permanence. Unlike the laundry or the dishes or the cooking, they stay done.” YES and YES. This is exactly how I’ve been feeling and it’s been such a positive release to have a few other projects/events going on that feel a little more “permanent” :)
3. Maxwell is showing an interest in dragons and dinosaurs, so it seems natural for him to start calling me “Mama Dragon”, right? ;) hmmmm…
4. The feedback we’ve received from the ebook Elise and I co-authored and released on Monday has been fantastic! We are so grateful, thank you.
6. Last night I went to an event co-hosted by Carly Anderson of Lipgloss and Crayons. It felt amazing to go out on a weeknight ;) and the company wasn’t too bad, either.
7. I’ve been on the hunt for some new dinner recipes, and a current favorite is pan seared pork chops with roasted potatoes and green beans. And? The kids love it! We are seeing clean dinner plates once again!
8. Natalie’s first birthday will be here the very last day of October, and my friend Lisa of My Little Buffalo is custom designing her birthday invitations. I can’t wait to show you :)
9. Bauer (our never-aging, always-a-puppy dog) is currently cuddled up on our couch, and watching him sleep is like watching a newborn baby sleep. Ha! As Max would say, He’s so cuuuute!
10. Natalie has become a professional army crawler. The way she moves with her feet pressed together makes her look like a tiny mermaid. Heart eyes, for sure.
What are you working on right now that’s making you super super happy? I would love to know, happiness is contagious!