As a personal exercise to start noticing the small things around me I started a blog series titled “Ten things I love”. There’s much to be thankful for in life, sometimes we just need a little quiet to fully notice our lists. This month I wanted to focus on ten fun facts you most likely don’t know about me. But, I’d love to know in the comments if there are any you already knew! :)
Ten fun facts about me:
1. I had a small “side business” of wrapping my classmates hair with embroidery floss during our lunch break… in middle school! #entrepreneuratheart
2. As a kiddo I often rode around my neighborhood with a radio strapped to my bicycle.
3. My favorite movie is Home Alone. Dead serious.
4. I was a Varsity cheerleader all four years of high school. Go Vikings!
5. Speaking of bicycles, I have a scar on my chin from an attempt-gone-bad at doing tricks on my bike. I blame my brother and the neighborhood boys for poorly influencing me to try this out ;)
6. My aunt Judy often gave me Avon samples of lipstick as a little girl and I thought that was the coolest thing ever.
7. My dream corporate job is to work for a magazine publication. (I loved yearbook class in high school.)
8. I love Mexican food! Mole sauce? Yes, please.
9. Although I dislike swimming in a lake, I will as long as I can see down to the bottom. Swimming in the ocean? No, thanks.
10. My parents threw me a surprise 16th birthday at our family cottage. It’s been fourteen years since, and I still remember it (and loved it so much).
Now it’s your turn. What are three things don’t we know about you? Any fun hobbies or food cravings or secret insights into your dream career? You know what to do: share them with me in the comments!
1. I loved as a child all the little day trips my family took together. Whether it was a trip to Lake Michigan, the Zoo, Farmers Market and seasonal events like the Thresheree and Christmas Tree Light Viewing.
2. A dream job of mine also was magazine publication! I always wanted to be on the creative team of a magazine like Real Simple or Better Homes & Gardens.
3. I love party planning, setting up photo shoots and celebrating life’s special moments. I am a marketer at heart and it spills into every aspect of my life :)
I LOVE Home Alone, great Christmas-time movie! To tell you the truth, I’m a handmade artist and have been going through a lull of uncreativity so last week I started listening to some Christmas music and we watched A Christmas Story and creativity is back in full flow!
Ummm, that is AMAZING! Yeah, creativity lulls are no small thing to overcome, so glad you were able to make the hurdle! What are you working on right now?
1. I always crave chocolate milk when I eat Sushi.
2. My favorite type of movie is a Creature movie- think Jaws, Lake Placid, Cloverfield, Deep Blue Sea
3. My dream job involves a combo of using my degree in Veterinary Technology (give me all the animals!), owning a business space where I can cook/bake & feed the homeless from the establishment anytime of day, and to have seasonal Vintage & handmade wares Shows for the public. Basically own a property with 2 barns – one for animals and one for the Shows- and a big ‘ol mess hall where no one is ever turned away hungry.
Oh my gosh, these are amazing! I love how detailed you were in number three :)
1. Even though I have several, I would have to say The Help is really one of my all time favorite movies and Forrest Gump!
2. I love popcorn with butter, parm. cheese and a little bit of salt
3. My dream job would be to own a “general store” with a counter that served great coffee drinks, ice cream treats and other yummy desserts. I would have those big glass canisters filled with candy that people could buy by the piece. I would sell handmade/homemade soaps, body wash, candles and natural remedies for minor ailments.
I would love the flexibility of my own business and to be able to employee students and also support local/community causes through my business.
Have a great day Maggie! ;)
You must bring number three to fruition! Oh, you must!!! :) Make a list right now of action steps, then set a goal date for each item. You can do it!!! :D
1. My dream job is to be a radio show host. I interned at a radio station while in college and loved it!
2. I am skilled at animal sounds. Think I’m joking? LOL!
3. Aside from Saint Lucia, Puerto Rico and Canada, I’ve never traveled outside the US. I would love to visit Ireland one day and I’d love to visit Greece too.
Love your number one! And any radio host or podcaster who has a great voice — I am totally an instant fan. :)
1) Dream job is a test taster…of baked goods. I have a fast metabolism so I kiiiinda think it’s like putting to use a God given skill. No? Ok. For reals, graphic design. I want to design wedding invitations from the comfort of my sofa. 2) We eat mostly from scratch homemade meals but I think fast food is so stinking delish. 3) Whenever I see a sign that says NOT to do something every single thing within me WANTS to do it. Emergency doors, fire alarm pull lever thingys, signs that say not to climb on statues, and etc. It takes every ounce of my will power not to jump into fountains and splash around. I kid you not.
Anna – OMG #3 ME TOO!!!!!! and when someone sushes me, i just want to talk louder!!!! bahhaa
LOL — especially to the shushing! YES!!!! ;D
I mean, what other reason than to be a professional taste tester do you have such a high metabolism for? I MEAN, REALLY? :)
I love your blog! It’s so positive and inspiring to me.
1. I love the beach and miss it terribly.
2. I traveled to China 3 times while in college to teach conversational English in summer programs.
3. Dream job would be working in theater and drama. Could be high school, community theater, or professional theater. I just love it!
I used to put baseball cards in my bicycle spokes and I thought I was the coolest girl in the neighborhood, but looking back I wish I’d thought of your brilliant radio idea! My favorite movie is Enchanted which I’m always kind of embarrassed to admit because it’s such a cheesy fairy tale, but you know what, I think I’m going to start owning it. It makes me happy and there’s nothing wrong with that! :)
Oh my gosh, you’re totally cracking me up about the baseball cards vs. radio idea ;D do you know our neighbor next door (who had children our age) used to make fun of me for doing this? I think he’s regretting that now, considering portable speakers are like the coolest thing ever now. Plus, so rude of him, haha!
The first one cracked me up!! We did that too… but for free. Shoulda’ charged! How much did you make? I love this “10 things” idea, by the way. I recently read an article on Apt. Therapy that reminded me to find things I’m grateful for in my home to balance out the list of things you want to change. Choosing gratefulness and contentment!! Have you considered doing this “10 things” as a link up party/ series/ thing?! That’d be fun! I’d do it fo sho. :) thanks for sharing!
I can’t even remember, maybe a couple dollars per wrap? I just remember thinking, “this is so much fun!” But then I got in trouble for selling a service during school hours, ha! ;D by the way, Apartment Therapy is such a great blog, they did a post on five unexpected things people have in their homes and it totally inspired me! Did you read that post?
oh I love learning those little things about you. My favorite good Mexican too. Mmm queso. And I’m the same with water. If I can’t see the bottom I ain’t goin in.
1. I’ve always wanted to be a professional photographer for National Geographic.
2. I learned how to work on cars when I met my husband and love it.
3. When I was a child I was a major introvert and now I’m an extrovert and love talking to strangers. Lol. ( does that sound creepy?)
1. I’ve never met anybody else who won’t swim in the ocean! Number one thing about me – I am irrationally afraid of sharks. I also won’t go on a cruise for this reason.
2. I have a weakness for office supplies – pens, pencils and paper mostly, but I’ll obsess over just about anything. Back to School time is really hard on me, but a few calls to my sponsor is very helpful – just kidding ;D
3. I’m an extreme couponer – not the TV kind – most of their methods are illegal. I am the couponer you don’t want to get behind in line, though. No, I’m not a hoarder – I’m a good manager of our finances. If you can get a package of bacon for 50 cents, why stop at one package?