I’m having the craziest moments of pregnancy/labor indecisiveness. My internal conversations go something like this,
* we’re totally ready for this baby to be born! Like, today!
* all we have to do is set up the queen bed and re-arrange the nursery, then we’ll be ready
* I’d rather have another c-section than try to give birth (again)
* there’s nothing else we need to buy
* I’ll be ready for the baby once the hospital bag is packed
* no wait, I need to wash a few more loads of laundry before I’m done packing the hospital bag
* maybe we should buy that larger diaper pail we’ve always talked about getting?
* I really don’t want to have another c-section
* I can totally handle two babies (and a dog) in our cozy LA apartment!
Someone, please tell me these thoughts are normal? And my sweet husband, he listens to me change my mind multiple times a day while my thoughts run wild. I went on a crazy cleaning kick on Sunday and scrubbed down our entire kitchen. (Yep, and totally over did it.) These final days of pregnancy can be so hard — the simplest tasks feel nearly impossible (like painting my toes), but I know this is all totally natural.
Slowing down is the best way to prepare for a baby, don’t you agree? It’s so good for our souls.