Life around here has meant…
* wearing pink lipstick to a trip to the mall with my friend Joanna and our three (almost four) children
* staying up way too late, soaking up extra hangout time with my hubby
* putting together our heirloom baby cradle. Eleven grandchildren and almost five great-grandchildren have slept in the cradle, I’m so grateful my grandfather built this for us. Here are photos of the cradle in our first nursery for Maxwell
* rearranging furniture in the nursery & living room. With Baby #2 arriving later next month (fingers crossed for an on-time delivery) we needed to make a little more room in our small space
* feeling extra, extra warm lately. I can’t tell if it’s the Los Angeles weather, the pregnancy, or a combination of both. But uhhhh, I’ve been feeling way hot these days #thumbsdown
* weekly trips to the library. Maxwell L O V E S to read and it’s definitely one of my favorite shared activities with him
* booking a few blog-related upcoming opportunities for handmade shop owners. Today is the last day to pre-book for our Holiday Gift Guide ($99 verses $125), click that link for more information on the HGG or our October Baby Bundle giveaway :)
* thinking about my hair. You guys, it grows so so fast these days. My roots are a mess and so I’ve been searching Pinterest for a good mix of lowlights & highlights so my regrowth isn’t so intense. Maybe once this baby comes out things will settle down? In the meantime the hormones are getting the best of me and I admit, I’ve been crying over my hair lately. I’m really loving the caramel look here. Thoughts?
* I’ve ordered new fabric so I can totally re-make the seat back & cushion of our rocking chair. It’s going to be in our living room for a couple of months, which will be perfect since we’ll have family staying with us for 5 weeks once Baby #2 is born (hello, extra seating). And I’m getting SO excited to work on a personal sewing project.
* embroidering once again. Think pink fern meets charcoal gray felt ;)
How have you been? How was your weekend? I chatted with my girlfriends over the weekend for some new easy but healthy dinner recipes and it was so helpful! I’m ready to conquer this week, which is such a great feeling. xoxo
Ah you should totally go with the caramel, and have less intense, subtle highlights that start a little further down your hair strands so that growth isn’t so noticeable?
It’s so easy to get distracted by business sewing, but it kinda makes the time spent on home projects so much more enjoyable :) x
You’re a genius. Thank you for the color suggestion… you must have had your morning coffee already ;)
Haha, glad I could be helpful. Looking forward to seeing the finished results. You’re beautiful whatever your hair colour! :)
Well that embroidery piece sounds gorgeous, can’t wait to see a pic! I have a super easy dinner recipe that we all love, salsa chicken. Cover bottom of the crockpot with water, place chicken in (we usually do 3 breasts), sprinkle taco seasoning on that, pour a jar of salsa on top, cook on low 8 hours. Then we shred the chicken, add a little sour cream and black beans. Serve over tortilla chips or rice. Yum!
OH salsa chicken, yes! I have a recipe for that but it’s a little bit of mustard and then a jar of salsa. Never thought of the taco seasoning, but I bet that’s delish! Have you heard of cranberry chicken? A packet of lipton dry onion mix & canned cranberries (with the berries, not just the sauce). Mix those and either bake or crockpot cook it ;D
I have never heard of that one, it sounds delish though!
Ah yes, go caramel! I have that as my lightest color + the darker underneath.
I’ve heard the salsa chicken a few time lately, my neighbor makes it a lot! I was on Pinterest last night pinning meals for the week, right out a grocery list all while my stomach was growling. Which is good, I have my meals all planned out for the week! I went shopping at 7:30am after the kids hopped on the bus at 7. Hello Morning!
You are looking great Momma! I love that pin you shared and I think you would look great with that hair color.
When you say you have family staying with you for 5 weeks, do you mean in your apt?! Or they’ll just be in town to help you out?
Nope, they’ll be in our apartment sharing a bedroom with Max.
Please share a tutorial or the tutorial you use for redoing your rocking chair cushions. :) I need to do mine too!
I’ll likely use the current seat cushion as a template for the new cushion I make (with new foam). For the seat back cushion I’ll likely wing that too — but maybe I’ll find a tutorial to help out. I’ll take notes for sure ;)