How about a little TGIF? ;) I remember when that was “the” Friday night TV lineup. And you can bet I was gathered in the family room with my brother, sipping a homemade chocolate malt (thanks mom!) and so wishing I also had a Trapper Keeper. I didn’t dream of doing anything else. I loved the family time and ease of another weekend within reach. And now, even 15 years later, I still enjoy Fridays for the very same reason… just with a little less TV. We haven’t owned a TV in years, but that’s a topic for another blog post.
In celebration of it being Friday I thought I would share some a few wonderful things going on right now…
* We’d been in a long period of “just wait”, and this expanded over many, many areas of our lives. I am definitely seeing the blessings that come with waiting come to fruition and friends, it’s so very encouraging. Many things are falling into place for our family and I’m so grateful we had the patience to hold on and continue the wait.
* I bought two tiny newborn nightgowns for baby #2 and I just might wash them up and tuck one under my pillow at night. I’m so very excited for baby girl or baby boy to arrive. The countdown is on: 10 weeks to go!
* Maxwell loves to read and has been coming to me with a book in hand, ready to sit in my lap. It’s one of my favorite activities right now.
* Strawberries. Sweet strawberries that I can’t stop eating :)
* I’ve got a tonnnnnn of energy right now so I’ve been working feverishly on my baby to-do list. We’re making great progress, which is super exciting. But I have to say, I’ve been on the hunt for a dresser (Craigslist) for the kids to share and two times now we’ve been second in line, and then BAM! it sells to someone else. Maybe this weekend will be our lucky weekend?
* Yesterday we had a routine ultrasound and little baby actually smiled at us… oh my word, and we caught it on (digital) film! That’s is my new favorite photo.
I feel so blessed over the answered prayers we’ve had, the increase in energy I’ve felt, the family that surrounds me. I hope you have a lovely weekend and can take a few minutes to reflect of a few of your own wonderful things :)