How about a little TGIF? ;) I remember when that was “the” Friday night TV lineup. And you can bet I was gathered in the family room with my brother, sipping a homemade chocolate malt (thanks mom!) and so wishing I also had a Trapper Keeper. I didn’t dream of doing anything else. I loved the family time and ease of another weekend within reach. And now, even 15 years later, I still enjoy Fridays for the very same reason… just with a little less TV. We haven’t owned a TV in years, but that’s a topic for another blog post.
In celebration of it being Friday I thought I would share some a few wonderful things going on right now…
* We’d been in a long period of “just wait”, and this expanded over many, many areas of our lives. I am definitely seeing the blessings that come with waiting come to fruition and friends, it’s so very encouraging. Many things are falling into place for our family and I’m so grateful we had the patience to hold on and continue the wait.
* I bought two tiny newborn nightgowns for baby #2 and I just might wash them up and tuck one under my pillow at night. I’m so very excited for baby girl or baby boy to arrive. The countdown is on: 10 weeks to go!
* Maxwell loves to read and has been coming to me with a book in hand, ready to sit in my lap. It’s one of my favorite activities right now.
* Strawberries. Sweet strawberries that I can’t stop eating :)
* I’ve got a tonnnnnn of energy right now so I’ve been working feverishly on my baby to-do list. We’re making great progress, which is super exciting. But I have to say, I’ve been on the hunt for a dresser (Craigslist) for the kids to share and two times now we’ve been second in line, and then BAM! it sells to someone else. Maybe this weekend will be our lucky weekend?
* Yesterday we had a routine ultrasound and little baby actually smiled at us… oh my word, and we caught it on (digital) film! That’s is my new favorite photo.
I feel so blessed over the answered prayers we’ve had, the increase in energy I’ve felt, the family that surrounds me. I hope you have a lovely weekend and can take a few minutes to reflect of a few of your own wonderful things :)
PS. Maxwell’s moccasins are c/o Freshly Picked (currently on sale!); heart foil maternity top is c/o Asos (also on sale!), bermuda maternity shorts are Old Navy (wow, these are on sale too!).
I miss TGIF! I always loved getting into my pjs and getting all settled in to watch my shows! :) The Friday night treat in my family was always soft pretzels! So glad you have lots of energy, and can’t wait to see pictures of that smiling baby!
;) mmm soft pretzels!
Hey! Shopping on ASOS now…did you go by your measurements or by your normal pre-preg size?? I’m normally a US 4, but my measurements suggest I’m a US 8 for maternity. Thoughts on which way to go? My ego is a little bruised after wrapping a string around my waist…
I had to go up a size, don’t let it bother you :) their clothes are super darling and I bet your baby bump is even better!!!
You are such a CUTE pregnant lady! I hope I look as good as you! Also, I LOVE Fridays! My Family used to all sit around a tablecloth on the floor and watch TGIF with homemade pizza then all 4 of us girls would sleep on the floor in one of our rooms!
How FUN is all of that??? :)
Maggie, thank you for posting all these reminders to be grateful. I am currently trying to get pregnant, and it seems everyone around me – online and in real life – is getting ready to welcome a sweet little one! Reading your blog makes me remember to be patient and appreciate what I already have, in spite of all the prayers I feel are left unanswered.
It isn’t easy waiting and I do know the plain you’re carrying as you anticipate a positive test. All I can say is remember God isn’t done writing your story. xoxoxoxoxo
Both bundles seem great but maybe I’d prefer the “cozy fall” one? I’d be happy either way honestly! Thanks for the giveaway!