Can you believe Labor Day is almost here? Sheesh, I’ll be holding our newborn babe in about nine weeks! Before we head out for another weekend in the mountains with friends, I wanted to share a few things with you…
* Have you heard of Hope*ologie? It’s an inspiring site with fresh content every month, including exclusive articles, podcasts, printables & video (the videos are my favorite), and I tell you the truth: it’s been super refreshing to log-in each month. It’s a member-based site, but I promise the $12.99/month rate is worth it. I’m a member and yes, the two sisters are my real-life friends, but I promise (again) it’s something you should be investing in each month :)
* Tuesday was a R O U G H day for me. Naptime was cut short for Max, I didn’t have a chance to rest myself, and dinner time wasn’t as easy as it normally is. I knew deep down I was exhausted (31 weeks pregnant and I’ve been doing too much) and that’s why things were falling apart. So we turned out the lights at 10:30pm and I tell you, getting 9 hours of sleep that night was glorious. I often forget how important rest is, not just during the daytime, but at nighttime too. We aren’t built to “do it all”, I must continue to live out this motto.
* My friend Hayley and her husband Mike recently launched an ethically-made clothing company for kiddos called Wildly Co. and they’re so close to finishing up their Kickstarter campaign. If you like supporting small businesses and feel inclined to help in any way, here’s a direct link to their fundraiser. (We’re cheering for you, H+M!)
* I’m on the lookout for a large-ish living room rug. Any favorites or recommendations?
* Even though I know I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be, with family and work life, sometimes it’s hard. The past six years running a couple handmade businesses were wonderful, but to be honest I’m definitely missing having a large studio to work in creatively. Will you pray for me? I’m kinda feeling blue and I don’t want to miss out on the now because I’m too busy A.) feeling sorry for myself (wah, wah), or B.) wishing things were a little different. I know these years at home are precious and short. Often He has bigger, better, funner plans and I want to make sure my eyes are focused on Him.
* If you haven’t yet, click over to enter to win one of our August giveaway bundles: back-to-school or cozy fall essentials.
Enjoy your long weekend, and I’ll see you in September! :)