Our weekend came & went just as quickly as they always do, but this time it felt so much more beautiful. Zack and I have spent some serious time re-connecting this past week — you know how they say it’s so easy to get into a routine once you have a baby? Well, that was totally us. We knew we needed to put more effort into our day to day with each other, and slowly we have been. It’s been wonderful :) We’ve been starting the day with our Jesus Calling devo. Having morning coffee. Making sure a home cooked meal is on the table at night. On our walk Saturday through the neighborhood I couldn’t help but notice all the pretty leaves and flowers and colors, happening right before us. There’s so much beauty to be seen, and it’s usually right in front of me. I’ve been seeing it so much more quickly these last few weeks, and I think a large part of this is because a few relationships have been mended. It’s not always easy to forgive or to be vulnerable, but it’s always worth it.
Here are some things on my mind worth sharing, in no particular order //
1. Aren’t these the prettiest perfume bottles (photo shown above)? Found at Lundeens in Culver City, CA
2. Zack’s mom is coming to visit Tuesday, and shortly after that my parents are coming to visit. Family time = happy time :)
3. Reading this post about wearing a uniform has changed my perspective on how I get dressed, which makes me excited about getting dressed in the morning. It’s also made my goal of wearing a lot of color super fun/easy.
4. Cristina Robeck took our family photos yesterday (sneak peek is below) and you guys, I’m smiling so big! If you’re in the Los Angeles area you must contact her. She’s booking sessions for Christmas photos and I know you’ll be happy with the art she’ll capture for your family.
5. I had an incredibly freeing idea on Saturday evening while reading the book A Million Little Ways. If your nightstand is empty and you want to feel encouraged in your purpose, read Emily’s book. Your heart (and your dreams) will thank you.
6. Zack found a photo of me super pregnant with Maxwell and he can’t look away ;)
7. I’ve been planning our meals with the help of Pinterest and it’s made grocery shopping so much easier. I made this recipe last week and it was super delish, not to mention it was totally homemade and quick (30 mins).
8. Wanna giggle? ;D
There’s a lot of beauty this time of year, as things begin to change.
Do you see it?
Help us with our Gussy Sews community survey? 16 easy questions to answer. We’re giving away FOUR – $50 Gussy Sews gift cards as a little “thank you” for completing the survey.
I’m so happy y’all are reconnecting so soon rather than realizing it years later. Your photos are gorgeous, isn’t it amazing how much beauty there really is when you take the time to notice it?! :) I can’t wait to see the rest of y’all’s photos y’all got done! Such a beautiful little family! I’m also going to be buying that book ASAP!
@Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve., Oh my gosh, yes. Yes to everything you wrote :) Did you buy the book yet?????
I always love your pictures of So. Cal and the flowers. When I see them, I miss seeing the ground cover and their colorful blooms and all the succulents everywhere. Of course, the great Fall and Winter weather too! Glad you had a special weekend with your family. Blessings
@Diana Foree, Yesterday during our photoshoot we saw a succulent WALL! Ahhh, it was so gorgeous!
I love seeing pictures of Max! He’s so smiley!
everything is just so fun in this post. Love the family picture!!
@Sarah, Thanks Sarah!!! xo