I like to have fun in the summer by…
1. Keeping cool in the kiddie pool with my daughter. We may be adults, but at heart, no one can resist the temptation to splash their kids.
2. Relaxing on the deck. I swear, when we bought this house, my husband only wanted it for the yard. The deck, fire pit and play set are the destinations of our summer evenings.
3. Visiting a new National Park. Each year, my husband and I choose a National Park we’ve never been to and plan a vacation. Last year we visited Zion in Utah,the year prior was Glacier Bay in Alaska, and later this summer we’ll be driving to Glacier in Montana. I can’t wait!
4. Watching fireworks. The hunt for the perfect spot starts before dusk, but ends with the grandest of finales. Whether it be the 4th of July, or the Minneapolis Aquatennial, fireworks are a must for this girl.
5. Eating things on a stick. For those unacquainted with the Minnesota State Fair, you are missing out. From alligator to zucchini, you can find pretty much anything deep fried and on a stick. Even Twinkies.
I’m living my dream. Portrait and wedding photography is my venture with my husband as my best friend and partner. We have an incredible daughter who can always make us smile, and I’m addicted to Diet Coke and my iPhone. Both are within reach at all times.
What seasonal events is your town known for? Where are you DEFINITELY headed to this summer? Who will be with you? What does it smell + taste like? Share with us below…