You know me, I could chat endlessly about the importance of 20-minute crafts. What I love most is it doesn’t really matter where you work or with whom you work, but taking the time to be creative (EVEN without actual craft supplies — you were born to be creative in a way that’s totally unique to you!) does matter. It is so very important! See also, fringe hours :) When we nurture our creativity, we nurture our souls. And so as a little nudge to you, and myself, here is a list of 20 easy-to-finish projects.
1. set up a baking center for your home
3. …and then make yourself an infinity scarf!
4. build a terrarium
5. create hand-painted word/lyric art (above)
7. pot your favorite plant, instant happiness :)
8. sew a quilt (above)
9. make an inspiration board
11. collect a variety of potted plants and decorate a wall shelf
12. have fun with white paint and a few terra cotta pots (above)
13. paint your nails! :)
14. make a colorful beaded necklace
15. get out your kids craft supplies and make something for yourself! Think washi tape, water colors, markers, construction paper, elmer’s glue, glitter, and a couple inspirational thoughts.
16. sew a rope basket (above)
17. make a friendship bracelet with embroidery floss
18. sew a dollhouse pillow (above)
19. make a macrame plant holder
20. lastly, the best DIY you can give yourself is self-care. I am always amazed at the effectiveness of these three things: outside time, sleep, and a good meal. Sometimes self-care also means an evening alone, taking a shower, reading a book, meeting a friend at your favorite cafe, going for a run, or even crying on the phone with your mom. I do all of these things, and often :)
What I love about ALL of these crafts is that they are projects you can work on in 20-minute increments. Some you can’t finish in 20 minutes, but you can easily start and stop them, which is super helpful.
Which listed craft is your favorite? For me, I pick #17 :)