A list of five things that have been like lightbulbs of encouragement (within the last 24 hours):
- This statement I shared on Facebook yesterday morning: “Yesterday I spent approx. 58 seconds on Instagram & my day was approx. 2000% BETTER.” Less scrolling, more enjoying MY current — that about sums it up.
- This podcast between Tsh Oxenreider and Erin Loechner. Less than 40 minutes of listening time, totally do-able. I especially loved the favorite recipes they shared ;)
- This blog post, also by Erin Leochner. It’s as though Erin took all my current hesitations and wrote a post just for me! (So kind of her.) “We find time for the essential, after all.” she writes. Be sure to read this.
- This soup recipe. I’ve made a handful of variants, and they’ve all been great. My current favorites are to swap the roasted red peppers for julienned carrots and the gnocchi for cheese tortellini. Add it to your upcoming meal plan right now. It’s totally soul-comforting. You’re welcome.
- This group of ruffles. Last night was a Gussy work night for me. It is so important to remember there’s much beauty to be found in our creating processes. (Why do I try to squash this desire?) Even in ugly studios. Even when things are imperfect. Especially when things are imperfect, there’s beauty. I really need to hear this message right now. You, too?
What about you? This week, what has encouraged you? Share your “list of five things” with me in the comments?
PS. I made a hard decision last night, one I’ve been mulling over for months now, and I can hardly believe the amount of weight that’s been lifted from my shoulders. Just from this one positive decision. Just from listening to my consciousness to stop doing something that wasn’t bringing me joy. Just from knowing the mental space it would clear, which I can now use towards better, greater, more simpler things!
Happy Friday to you, dear friends. I hope to see you in the comments…