We are about two weeks away from a new baby joining our family, and while I have two toddlers keeping me busy with play and reading and meals and naps (oh, hallelujah), the reality is I’m in big time “nesting mode”. With this pregnancy, my cleaning time is even more limited, so keeping our home a tidy and smelling lovely has helped me with my nesting issues ;) Also, Grove Collaborative (formerly ePantry) is offering an amazing bundle of Mrs. Meyer’s household products that help me do just that — hooray!
Keep on reading for a few of my cleaning secrets, plus a generous offer from Grove Collaborative to receive nearly $30 in free products with a Mrs. Meyer’s Spring Cleaning Kit!
My first cleaning secret: never let our home get too out of control. For example, we don’t have a dishwasher in our new house (say what?), so I make sure to keep all dishes rinsed so they’re super quick to wash later on. I usually do a sink full during dinner prep, and then a second post-dinner. This way I’m not in the kitchen washing dishes all day long, but I still get the nesting benefits of cleaning our home while Spring scents float up around me. It’s like my own mama time out. Really, I could argue this is a win-win situation.
PS. all the tiny hand prints on our windows and mirrors? Oh, I leave them up for weeks at a time. They’re just going to re-appear within the next hour, and I don’t want my mama friends to think my life is any different from theirs ;)
My second tip is to make a list of all the things I want to “nest” on (or maybe in your case, sans-nest). Instead of feeling overwhelmed or anxious about all I want or need to do, I write it all down so I can more easily see my ambitions. Then I review the list and see what items can be grouped together for efficiency, and then I get to work. This way, cleaning doesn’t take over my life, but our home still feels comfortably lived-in (with plenty of time for play, naps, and creativity).
My third and final cleaning secret, perhaps my very best, is one that I just recently adopted: stop cleaning everything up! Little orange construction trucks left on the dining table, story books piled high on the floor, an unmade toddler bed, a kitchen scrub brush or sponge — all of these things are a big part of my life. Actually, they are the art of my life. There’s no need to hide all the things, no need to have a spotless kitchen counter, no need to actually put away the dish soap next to the sink — in fact, keeping these things within reach has helped me more than putting them away.
Let’s get back to the Mrs. Meyer’s Spring Cleaning Kit I mentioned earlier in this post! Grove Collaborative (formerly ePantry; an online store that delivers the best, effective and affordable natural household and personal care products right to your doorstep) is offering an amazing deal now through April 3rd.
If you’re a brand new customer to Grove, this is what you need to know:
1. Sign up for Grove Collaborative here. You will receive the Mrs. Meyer’s spring seasonal offer for free when you sign up!
2. Answer four quick questions about your home that Grove Collaborative will then use to customize your first basket — this takes under 30 seconds!
3. Once you’ve answered the questions, you can finalize your basket of products to suit your household needs by adding or removing items
4. To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products and scents you love to receive in your first box
5. You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order. Already hooked on Grove Collaborative? Existing customers click here to get a free Grove Collaborative glass spray bottle in your next order ($10.95 value)
* Please note that they currently do not ship to Canada, Hawaii, or Alaska
This Grove offer is only available until Sunday, April 3rd — or while supplies last, so be sure to check it out!
Happy Nesting! Happy Spring! Happy Stop Cleaning Up! (wink)