Oh, just a few scenes from around our apartment. I feel like life has been hitting me at full speed, it’s busy and intense and full of yawns. We’ve been on the go for weeks now and I’m starting to slow down. We’re hoping to sneak away for our anniversary this weekend, crossing my fingers we can make it happen. And tonight Max + I are headed south for the VIP opening of a new Land of Nod store :) Back to all those yawns, they are a reminder I can’t keep up like I used to [hello, newborn!]. That’s OK, it’s a good reminder to stop + rest… yes? Yes, definitely yes.
I’ve snapped a few photos to share with you, little snippets of what our days are like — plus a list below of a few things I’m thankful for. When life is this busy it’s important to write down our blessings so we can savor them.
THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
- Good friends that let you just be you. When you talk on the phone you’re able to pick up where you left off :)
– A comfortable couch to rest on at the end of a long day…
– Our small apartment, filled with all the things we need + just a few things we want. There’s simply not room for too many wants, which is such a blessing to us. And honestly, sometimes I have to remind myself of this. Instead, our focus when at home is on the people that fill the rooms: our family + our neighbors [we have amazing neighbors!]
– Handmade in the home. Have you heard of The Tethered Crate?
– Sunshine. Los Angeles gives us a lot of sunshine. Every day I’m able to soak a little up when I take Bauer + Max for a walk, when we run errands, when we chat with our neighbors outside.
– A husband that loves me, and loves me intensely. Yesterday he put a notebook for me to use on the kitchen table [I like to scribble ideas down when I’m away from home] and inside he wrote, “My sweet Maggie, I cherish you.” LOVE!
– New products. Yes, even more new Gussy products. It’s been a slow transition balancing work + mamahood. So when a new idea strikes it has me feeling thankful. I love love love my job; it’s a real blessing to our family.
– Our upcoming anniversary. Five lovely, adventurous years with my Zack…
– A pitcher of iced-tea in the fridge. A new obsession!
/ / / / /
Tell me, what “things” have you in thanks?