{video :: In The Name of Love}

I found this video while browsing Jeannett’s blog post from yesterday. Of course I watched the video, and because it touched me to my ruffled core I want to share it with you today.

Each time I watch this video I get chills at the same times:

We are his masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works
which God prepared in advance for us to do…

and

God has a plan for you, and I pray that you say, “Speak LORD, your servant is listening.

The purpose of this site is to be a place of community for you and your neighbor. A place where you can share your inspiration, your passions, your talents and your questions for others to use as tools in their life {as well as in your life}.

***

So share with us, what is your favorite verse? Which verse speaks to you the most?

I have two:

Psalm 37:4,
Delight yourself in the LORD and He’ll give you the desires of your heart.

Isaiah 25:1,
O LORD, you are my God;
I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
you have done marvelous things,
things planned long ago.

What more does God want in response to those mighty words other than a sweet bow of humility to Him?

Nothing.
And that’s the beauty of it all.

Comments

Thanks for sharing the video, it spoke volumes. My heart is really ‘mushy’ and changing now because I just returned from Swaziland, Africa, and Bianca’s words were just what I need to hear.
    I am fairly new to your blog, but after knowing your purpose, I can’t wait to become an avid follower!
    My {current} favorite verse is 1 John 3:18: “Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”

Blessings,
    Shari

This spoke to my heart this morning. Thank you for sharing it. Favorite verse? Proverbs 3:5-6 and Jer. 29:11. Two great life verses that had me from the beginning. :)

Do you mind if I was to share this video on my blog too? I will link back to your site.

Nicole

Nicole Reply:

Sent ya some linky “love” with the video post!

My favorite verse has always been Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”

Consider it pure JOY my brothers when you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything (James 1:2-4).

i just now was able to sit down and really watch this video. wooow…so powerful!

it’s quite a coincidence that you posted this today. just last night as i was spending some time in scripture i was in ephesians and read chapter 2 verse 10 which states ” for we are God’s masterpiece. he has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” love it. and then i kept reading and read 3:12-”because of Christ and our fait in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence”.

so, i know that i don’t know you on a personal level, but i’m about to get real. because maybe what i write will impact one person for the glory of God. at least i pray it might…

after reading those verses it really hit me. you see, i am a very self-concious person. i have always had a fairly low self confidence and it’s something that i continually struggle with. i read those words last night and tears flooded my face. i am a masterpiece created by the ultimate artist. the same God that created beautiful sunsets and sunrises crafted me to be exactly who i am. and then i continued to think about how if i am freely given a dose of confidence to stand in the presence of God, I can be confident in myself and do what it is that God has called me to do.

whew, that’s probably more than you thought you would get when you asked about our favorite verse, huh?! well, i write all of that to let you know that this blog really is a blessing to me. i know that it is by no chance that you posted this exact post today. it has been such a reassurance of what God is teaching me. thank you!

have a sweet sweet day!

peace I leave with you. MY peace I give to you. not as the world gives do I give to you. let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
    john 14:27

also colossians 3:12-17. i won’t type it all here, but it was read at our wedding & hangs on our wall. we hope that it will define our marriage and our lives!

thanks for sharing this today!

Shannon says

Awesome. Thank you for sharing this. It sends chills down my spine and tears in my eyes.

“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts…” Col 3:15