{breathing space}

Things are a lot crazy {I was going to write “a little,” but who am I kidding?!} over here in Gussy land. I need to remember that a lot of the crud is coming from the devil. God will bring us all glory — He does bring us all glory. It’s important I have my eyes open so I can see it. Some times we need a little breathing space so we can find the clarity again.

***

This post was originally published January 2010:

There are times, and I admit more times than I’d like to admit, that I feel like the devil is trying to bring me down. Trying to take away my energy to sew. Trying to tell me my work isn’t good enough or that no one wants to own a Gussy. Other times I don’t hear from the devil at all, but from God.

Showing me to keep doing what I’ve been doing. Blessing me with 299 sales {yeow!}. Blessing me with the funds to attend Blissdom 2010 in a blink of the eye.

But then, when it’s been too good for too long, it seems like I hear from the d. again. Yes. He’s so pitiful I couldn’t even type his name. That darn devil. Trying to sneak in and ruin my evening.

Telling me to be jealous of others achievements, and other ridiculous things that I don’t even want to think about anymore now that thinking about them :]

Be gone.

Shoo away.

You aint welcome here.

I don’t need to feel like that. I shouldn’t let those thoughts linger. I need to be reading my Bible more and feeding myself with the Word. I need to let God into my Gussy head more so I can do what he wants me to do. Like cook, sew, and talk.

I feel a need to incorporate a good Bible verse into my Sweat Shop

For now, this one is a good one to focus on:

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

…each day has a ton of blessings that I need to be seeing :]

Comments

Thank you for posting. I am having one of those days where I need reminded of this as well. (And, I’m glad I’m not the only one who tells the devil to shoo.) Shew.

okay, this sounds crazy, but whenever i feel like the devil is creeping in, i seriously shout “get the heck out of here—you are not welcome here”…i’m sure my kids think i’m crazy—”there is crazy mom shouting at the devil”. but i swear, it works :)
    hang in there gussy!
    em

• 11

you may think your kids think you’re crazy, but one day they’re going to remember how strong you are in your faith and they’re going to be SO proud of you :]

I hear you! There is a guarantee that a believer will face attacks and challenges. There is also a guarantee that as we resist the ‘d’ he will flee. There is also a guarantee that (Rom 8:31) we are MORE THAN conquerors in any situation we are in. We live in a mean world but because we are God’s kids we have a promise that we are victors in every situation. Claim what is rightfully yours sista’ :)- sales and serenity will come!
    I am thankful I won at the #10for400 because I met you-
    here is a post that may also be a blessing: http://breebeebracelets.blogspot.com/2010/04/am-i-good-mom.html

Angie H. says

I feel your struggles and that horrible battle….will they like what I’ve done? Will anyone want to buy it? Am I copying someone elses work?

Yes, they like what you’ve done. What’s most important is that you like what you’ve done.
    Yes, they will buy it. If not, we’ve got great gifts.
    No, you are an original.

Please stay positive and remember why you do it. Someone sapped my strength to sew today too. But I cut, cut and cut some more! When I get home from work tonight, maybe I’ll sew for an hour or so. I am getting ready for a craft show in three weeks. With God’s help, I am taking it one day at a time and I’ll be ready for that show and everything else.

Angie

Is it wrong of me to say that I am ‘happy’ to learn that we’re not the only ones he’s attacking lately. It’s been a REAL battle here at my house. Between an eating disorder & dealing with bullies – I’m spent. But God is faithful & He sees us through.

Praying for you!!!
    Don’t forget your armor,
    Allison

such a pick me up! i had a terrible day today-just wretched! one of those days when I feel like I have worked so hard all year long at my job and then get my review and find out that all the hard work I have done is nothing but AVERAGE to my boss although I have been told all year long that I have gone above and beyond? so confusing and not to mention leaves me feeling unmotivated-like i got kicked in the stomach.:( anyhow-that passage really helped me tonight.

smiles,
    gina

Cami-Cam says

Somebody Say Amen! It is amazing how often I allow the devil to enter my thoughts. There are times I feel like I am making a cup of tea and inviting him in before I realize he is doing he best to move in to my thoughts, my attitude, my work and my desires. Thanks for your honesty and the gentle reminder of Matthew 6.34!

Gussy,

I am praying Psalm 20 over you.

Just know that you have been so encouraging and inspirational in my life. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your creativity. Some friends and I are starting a sewing club because we have been so inspired! Don’t let the enemy attack you, and just remember God allows each of us to go through the trials to teach us something.

I hope this helps. I will be praying for you!

Andrea

i am thinking of you…hope your day is going better! i am a little behind on blog reading…i had the stomach flu for 2 days…so i totally understand your bad days…the flu = i am really behind now!

Pamela says

Needed this.. Got it a day later but, all I can say is needed this. Thank you for reminding me that they are thoughts I need to check. I’ve heard treat them like waves and watch them pass instead of holding on to them. Wish when I shoo’d they went away.

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing!! For praying.

Saying a prayer for you.

I think everyone is being “tried” by today’s social and economic problems. I have been through periods of darkness during the past few years with the death of my mother and youngest sibling, a problematic daughter and the decision to leave teaching after 33.5 years although I planned to teach a little longer, and now monitoring an elderly father and helping raise a dear granddaughter as well as facing life as a senior citizen in a not-too-secure environment, both economically and emotionally. Sometimes I feel like the fabric of my life is unraveling. However, this passage seems to get me through tough, dark moments, when doubt and fear, my personal encounters with the “devil,” occur:

Philippians 4:12-14
    12) I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

14)Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.

Look to God for strength. My faith keeps me going. “Living in plenty or in want,” to me, can also be viewed in terms of emotional and spiritual needs. I have learned to be content through God … to be strong with God’s help. Sharing troubles with each other, too, helps us to be strong. God bless.

that Matthew verse has brought be through some pretty tough times. what a blessing to know that things are all in God’s hands.