And hello list of 11 things you may not know about me, shared in no particular order:
1. You probably know I re-arrange my home often, but what you may not know is that I usually give Zack a personal tour once I’m done to show him all the new vignette’s I’ve created. Giving “personal tours” is something I’ve done ever since I was a little girl ;)
2. I am such a sweet tooth! If I could have it my way, I’d have dessert every single night.
3. Wearing lipstick seems fun, but my reality is I kiss my kids way too much during the day to be able to do this. Besides, I think I’m more of a chapstick girl? (see #10)
4. I wear the same outfits every single week! Living in Los Angeles converted me into a “capsule wardrober” (hello, small space), although I would never have anticipated this for myself prior to LA. It’s so much easier to get dressed, and I love having a small collection of outfits I really, really enjoy wearing.
5. My very favorite class in high school was Yearbook. Not only did I love the writing/photography aspect, but I adored the teacher, too.
6. I stopped drinking pop about 18 months ago, and to offset my carbonation fix I drink La Croix every day with lunch.
7. When I met Zack in college, everyone was calling him “Pony” after of a pair of high-top shoes he wore constantly. Every once in a while I call him that again, and it brings me back to our dating years in a flash!
8. This book has taught me a ton on hospitality and parenting. Considering how I want our guests to feel when in our home and offering our kids even more grace and individual importance are just two of the many things I’ve learned from reading it.
9. Hey Royal Oak, MI neighbors — we invite you to join us for Financial Peace University, a 9-week course Zack and I are leading at our church at Woodside Bible Church. We’ll start FPU on February 19th, and you can use this link to sign up right here!
10. When I was in middle school, I collected chapsticks. In high school and college I collected purses, and now I’m collecting books. I wonder what I’ll collect next?
11. All of these years later, painting my nails is still one of my very favorite things to do just for Maggie. For years I would often add glitter to my ring finger, but now I like to paint my pointer a slightly different shade than the rest of my nails. (see top photo)
How about you? Do you have a collection you’re building? What is your favorite drink? If you love dessert, what is your favorite thing to make or eat? How often do you re-arrange your home or workspace? See you in the comments! xx
I wonder how many gals will post about LipSense being the solution to #3. I’ll be the first ;) ha! fun colors and an awesome lipstick that won’t smudge or transfer onto cheeks, hubbies or clothes. You would love it! Check it out > @hello.lovely.lips on Instagram
It is so drying, my BFF wears it and I hear you’re not supposed to wear chapstick, only the stuff they sell? Idk if that would work for me ;)
I love to rearrange but find the layout of our current rental challenging/uninspiring. Instead of rearranging the furniture here, I usually reorganize a closet or the pantry or the playroom!
My favorite dessert is chocolate lava cake! Our Best Bites has a great recipe!
YES — that is a great, great dessert ;D If you ever want to chat about re-arranging furniture, email me! I’d love to chat/help :)
Chocolate chess pie!! I’d never heard of it until we lived in KY and then fell in love with it- bonus: its super easy to make!
I rarely rearrange – the spaces in our house + big furniture limits me, plus I just don’t have the eye for it!
Oh and I collect jewelry! It’s really hard for me to pass on a good ethnically sourced jewelry sale!!
Ohhhhh, yes, that is a FUN thing to collect!!! :) What are some of your favorite shops to buy from?
This is a great list. I’m a chapstick wearer too. Never have liked lipstick…Or really any makeup. My poor girls, I’m going to have to rely on YouTube to teach them the ins and outs of it all.
Oh! And I wish my husband and I could come to your financial class. Miles between us.
I wish you could come too!!!!!
Hi Maggie, lobe this post!
So, I only wear lipstick when I work or am out without the Kids because I, too Kiss them soooo much (probably too much but they’ll let me know for sure). I wish I would paint my nails so often but so often my nails split and I have the feeling painting them makes it worse? But when they are painted I feel so much better!
I am at the moment working on a capsule wardrobe having a hard time letting things go.
I am also collecting books. And one I cannot put down is Chasing Slow by Erin Loechner. I think you’d love it.
Wish I could attend your course…i am so bad at this…i make my own money but honestly it is all in my husband’s hands and I know that’s awful…I feel like my grandmother..I want to change that.. really!
Love your blog!! Thanks for writing and always inspiring!!!
Love from Germany!!
Hey, dear! Would you believe I have “Chasing Slow” on my bookshelf? I can’t wait to dig in. I’m so glad you have it and are loving it, too. What else have you read that you’d recommend? xx
I am a chapstick girl too!
I can’t believe no one has asked yet about your tattoo! Since it appeared in the header photo, I assumed one of the eleven things would be the story behind it. :)
I’ve written about it in the past ;) it’s Japanese for joy
I gave up soda too and started drinking La Croix to satisfy my bubbly fix :) Lime is my flavor of choice? What’s yours? Miss you lady!
Hey dear friend! Mango is a favorite, so is any of the Curate flavors (the tall/skinny La Croix cans). Lime sounds so refreshing, I’ll have to try that one next!!!
I’m collecting books too. Young adult fantasy to be exact XD. There is something so very enjoyable about checking out for a couple of hours. What I would like to do is get a pretty bookshelf to put them all on too and make myself a visually appealing library because when I’m not reading I like staring at the spines of my books just as much lol
I always love these kind of posts. Constant re-arranger here too! We just bought a house and I’ve already redone the mantle like 7-8 times. The new forced air is forcing me to become a chapstick addict, so I’m becoming a chapstick collector myself. I’m the opposite of you in the pop field… started drinking it again after not drinking pop for nearly 10 years. I need the caffeine (2 kids is hard), but I don’t like coffee or tea.
Our new favorite dessert is what my man calls ‘banana pudding’ where he layers cutup bananas, vanilla wafers, and butterscotch pudding and lets it sit for like 12 hrs before we’re allowed to eat it (gotta let it soak into the wafers). It’s also good if you put marshmallows on top and bake it a little bit.