We’re working on our February giveaway bundle with a focus on Valentine’s Day (surprise, surprise) and it’s off to a great start! I’m excited to share with you the shops and products we’ll be bundling and giving away on February 2nd. And perhaps the even better news is we’re still booking prizes for this giveaway! I’ll let you in on a little secret: Lisa Leonard Designs, The Printed Palette and Julie Ann Art have all said yes our February giveaway. It’s going to be super great, that’s for sure! If you are a handmade shop owner I’d love for you to join us in February. We host only a few giveaway bundles each year and they’re a fun way to stay connected to this community of handmade talent. Click here to apply to February’s giveaway, or click the graphic above. Have a great weekend! xo
via Pen & Paint
Hi lovely! We are in the process of booking for our December giveaway bundles, scheduled for the 1st of the December (and just in time for the holidays). In June we hosted a summer-themed bundle featuring $895 in prizes, in August hosted a back-to-school and fall-essential themed giveaway (over $700 in prizes) and in October we hosted two baby-themed bundles (over $880 in prizes).
If you’re a handmade shop owner we’d so grateful to have the chance to work with you for our December giveaway bundles, based around the theme “Holiday Gift Giving”. We’ll be splitting the prizes into multiple bundles — which means there will be multiple winners! SO fun.
You can skip ahead to the giveaway application form by clicking here, or read on for more details:
* we’re looking for handmade/small business who offer products geared towards men, women, children, hostess gifts, winter seasonal, etc.
* our December giveaway is scheduled for Monday, December 1st and will end on Friday, December 5th
* each participating shop will receive two social media links via Rafflecopter for the entry requirements
* we’ll be sharing the December giveaway bundles with our social media communities (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin’, an RSS feed, an email RSS feed) — this includes a reach of over 172,000 monthly likes/impressions
* our giveaways are open to US resident only (no need to worry about international shipping costs)
* we’re accepting a limited number of shops. To view the application and apply, please click here, we’d love the opportunity to work with you!
PPS. Want to get a jump start on your holiday shopping? Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guide which includes discount codes from nearly every participating shop.
Well hello, October! I’m so happy it’s the first of the month. The weather is finally cooling off a bit here in Los Angeles and the holiday-themed family/kiddo activity emails are appearing in my personal inbox. It’s so exciting :) And not to mention, October is the month our second baby is due!!! We’ll see though when baby actually makes his or her debut…
Our 2014 Holiday Gift Guide launches today and runs through December 15th. I’m really excited to share with you the 17 shops that are participating this year as they feature some really fun items! Most of them are offering a unique discount code to the MWD community, which is so generous of them! I wanted to give you a tease of what’s inside our Holiday Gift Guide so below are photos of my favorite items with a direct link to each shop.
- – – – -
A Swedish family-owned business started in 1961. Our concept is to make day-to-day life easier for parents of small children by developing safe & innovative products of the highest quality for children up to three years old.
Purses, bags, clutches and zipper pouches, as well as clothing items such as skirts and aprons for women and kids.
Stylish and fun handmade baby bibs, burp cloths, blankets, children’s crayon wallets and other accessories.
Modern home decor items to fit everyone’s needs and budget.
A shop full of cozy crocheted and knitted hats, scarves, cowls, ear-warmers, and more!
An illustrative paper goods and homeware store filled with prints, pillows, tea towels, cards, tote bags, and more.
Sweet women’s accessories crocheted and sewn: headbands, scarves, hats, ear warmers, etc.
Handmade accessories, home goods, and gifts; inspired by love.
Hand cut custom state and country shaped jewelry.
Fresh, fun, and functional everyday essentials for your desktop, workspace, and home.
An array of handcrafted personalized party decorations.
Handcrafted jewelry made by survivors of sexual slavery. 100% of the proceeds go to International Sanctuary, a non-profit that provides holistic care, and empowers rescued women & girls to obtain true freedom.
Hand knit and sewn items made for mamas and kiddos.
Boutique quality headbands for the fashionable joys in your life!
Fresh and fun handmade gift and home décor items. Original designed pieces make some of the best gifts for a wedding, new baby, holiday or treat for yourself.
Modern style with classical appeal. Mason jar tumblers, monogrammed wine glasses, iPhone charger decals and stickers.
Specializing in handmade necklaces that mamas wear, but is safe for babies to chomp on while teething!
- – – – -
We’re so excited about this years Holiday Gift Guide and for all of the participating shops! Offering a unique discount code to our community so we can start our holiday shopping is incredibly generous of them, so thank you sponsors!
Fall is my favorite season and I’m secretly wishing Los Angeles would cool off just a little bit more so I can wear my pink moccasins and perhaps another layer of clothing without sweating. Oh my, that got really personal huh? I’ll have to keep on wishing, I think ;) I bought some pumpkin spice creamer for my coffee, so for now that’ll have to do.
We have some exciting things on the docket next month for the Maggie Whitley Designs community:
* The first is a baby bundle giveaway on October 6th. Just like the August giveaway that recently finished, we’ll be compiling handmade wares into multiple giveaway bundles, but this time the theme will be mama & baby in anticipation of Baby Whitley #2 arriving (fingers crossed) the end of the month. If you’re a small/handmade business we’d love for you to apply. Simply click here to view the application.
* Also starting in October is our 2014 Holiday Gift Guide. This shopping guide will have a focus on handmade and will be live October 1 – December 15th. We’ll list alphabetically some of our favorite handmade shops, and many of them will also include a discount code exclusive to the MWD community — yeow! Click here to view the Holiday Gift Guide application.
* If you have a blog or handmade business (or both!) and would like some tangible advice on how to navigate the dreams you have consider booking a mentorship session. We’ll chat via audio Skype for 30 or 60 minutes, and here’s a list of topics we can cover during our call.
Leave a comment below if you have any specific questions — you know I love hearing from you! :)