Hello mid-June. You’re moving right along, aren’t you? Because celebrating the little things that make our lives extra good is important, here are a few things I’m happy to call “a favorite” right now:
– backyard pools. The small, plastic, round ones that your kiddos love to play in , but let’s not forget about mama who also LOVES to play in. And not just a “dip my toes” kind of play, I’m talking about putting my entire body inside this pool. (Trust me.)
– a basement to work in. And not just a yucky basement, but one with carpet and painted white walls and even a little corner studio where I can escape to create.
– ice-cold La Crox. Current favorite flavor: coconut.
– Coldplay’s new song! The fast tempo and vocals are amazing! (mHave you heard the song?)
– a fresh haircut + highlight. “Two inches off the shorter side, just a trim on the longer side!” ;)
– waking up in the morning and actually feeling refreshed. Baby number three is not a great overnight sleeper, so sometimes I dread going to bed at night because I know I’ll be up a couple of times with her to nurse. However, she always goes back to sleep right away, so can I count that as a blessing? ha!
– grilled chicken salad for lunch. Zack taught me how to grill via FaceTime (is that not the greatest???) and so now I seek out any opportunity I can to make a meal for my crew via the grill. Three favorites I like to add to my recipe: apple, feta, and slivered almonds.
– adding lots of new items to the Gussy shop. (Have you seen the wooden necklaces?)
– listening to our children talk with one another. They are hilarious! And when they mix up the phrases I do not hold back a laugh; laughter is such good medicine! Top 3 favorites: “you’re not the answer”, “oh my goodnesses“, and “we don’t say ‘yeah’, we say ‘yes or no'”.
– and lastly, I’m pretty sure I heard Goldie say a new word yesterday. Curious what it was? HOORAY! (Super good choice, baby girl!)
Your turn! What are some of your current favorites?