And hello list of 11 things you may not know about me, shared in no particular order:
1. You probably know I re-arrange my home often, but what you may not know is that I usually give Zack a personal tour once I’m done to show him all the new vignette’s I’ve created. Giving “personal tours” is something I’ve done ever since I was a little girl ;)
2. I am such a sweet tooth! If I could have it my way, I’d have dessert every single night.
3. Wearing lipstick seems fun, but my reality is I kiss my kids way too much during the day to be able to do this. Besides, I think I’m more of a chapstick girl? (see #10)
4. I wear the same outfits every single week! Living in Los Angeles converted me into a “capsule wardrober” (hello, small space), although I would never have anticipated this for myself prior to LA. It’s so much easier to get dressed, and I love having a small collection of outfits I really, really enjoy wearing.
5. My very favorite class in high school was Yearbook. Not only did I love the writing/photography aspect, but I adored the teacher, too.
6. I stopped drinking pop about 18 months ago, and to offset my carbonation fix I drink La Croix every day with lunch.
7. When I met Zack in college, everyone was calling him “Pony” after of a pair of high-top shoes he wore constantly. Every once in a while I call him that again, and it brings me back to our dating years in a flash!
8. This book has taught me a ton on hospitality and parenting. Considering how I want our guests to feel when in our home and offering our kids even more grace and individual importance are just two of the many things I’ve learned from reading it.
9. Hey Royal Oak, MI neighbors — we invite you to join us for Financial Peace University, a 9-week course Zack and I are leading at our church at Woodside Bible Church. We’ll start FPU on February 19th, and you can use this link to sign up right here!
10. When I was in middle school, I collected chapsticks. In high school and college I collected purses, and now I’m collecting books. I wonder what I’ll collect next?
11. All of these years later, painting my nails is still one of my very favorite things to do just for Maggie. For years I would often add glitter to my ring finger, but now I like to paint my pointer a slightly different shade than the rest of my nails. (see top photo)
How about you? Do you have a collection you’re building? What is your favorite drink? If you love dessert, what is your favorite thing to make or eat? How often do you re-arrange your home or workspace? See you in the comments! xx