Miss Marigold, you’ve been a part of our family for exactly three months now. Our love for you is settled deep into our hearts, and your life is a beautiful gift. Mamahood is indeed the hardest calling I’ve been given… I feel really grateful for the wisdom to know life can be hard, but also ridiculously good.
Here are ten (of the many) things we love about you:
1. your THREE tiny dimples! They’re one of the very first things I noticed after you were born
2. when I pick you up you (still) curl your knees up tight to your buns. Please always do this? Coming in at a close second: the sounds you make when you stretch :)
3. that you were born into our family! Thank you Jesus for creating Marigold and giving her life, and thank you for continuing to watch over her kidneys
4. saying the phrase, “our son and two daughters…” OH, HAPPY! :)
5. when we say your name aloud, others typically responds with, “OHHH, that is a beautiful name!” — you’re already leading the way with your uniqueness, and that’s really fun to see
6. the way your golden hair matches your name. You are our Goldie Girl, for sure
7. watching you delight over your older brother and sister, who come to your side many times throughout the day just to check on you
8. thinking about your future brings me joy. There’s so much I will teach you about life and finding happiness and growing your faith. And there are probably a few things I’ll need to learn myself just so I can teach you, but I’m ready for the challenge!
9. the way God is encouraging me to keep my faith. When I was just 20 weeks pregnant with you we learned your kidney’s had cysts, and while we are still praying for full healing (and still seeking wisdom from your doctors), we are continually reminded our great God is in control. My faith is made stronger through motherhood.
10. the way time naturally slows down when babies and children are involved. Sometimes this is a hard realization, but I am reminded frequently this is how it’s supposed to be. This is what God intended when He created babies and parents and families: to slow down and relish the gift of life.
A warm “thank you” to our friends at Pear Tree Greetings for providing our family with Marigold’s birth announcements! We were given a set of birth announcements and bright pink, self-addressed envelopes to help celebrate Marigold with our families and friends. Visit PearTree.com for details on how to save up to 20% on your next order.