In a personal exercise to start noticing the small things around me I started a new series titled ten things I love. There are a lot of small things in our home that I enjoy immensely. These things aren’t just “things” to me (although they kinda are just things), they hold a special meaning. Some simply make me happy, others have taught me or mean something valuable, and a couple are of nature around us.
Ten things that remind me of surrounding beauty:
2. a floral DIY envelope-style pillow cover (source: floral fabric)
3. this book. Buy it, read it, and be changed from it
4. finding handwritten notes from my hubby. This one reads, Thank you for the perfect morning –Z
6. “the best chocolate chip cookie” recipe. Definitely one you must try!!!
7. the gift of a pretty candle from Anthropologie (scent: grapefruit cilantro)
8. a new coffee mug from Anthropologie (color: coral)
9. visiting Santa Monica beach with my girls every Wednesday (related: how to take your kids to the beach)
10. palm trees growing in our neighborhood — yessssss
What are three things (that you absolutely adore) that surround you every day? Don’t think too long on this, whatever comes to mind — would you share that list with me in the comments? Even if you live in a small space, there’s beauty around you :)