^ look who has four teefers!
^ possibly my new favorite family photo ;)
^ I love love love Maxwell’s little nursery nook
Hi friends! We’ve had some fun days with family lately, and there are even more to come! It all started with Zack’s mom arriving in Los Angeles for a week-long visit. She left Wednesday morning and we were all pretty sad. Thankfully Max has been napping like a champ so I can get caught up before my parents arrive tomorrow. I have to confess, Maxwell is getting pretty spoiled — but it’s totally worth it ;) Having family around is the best! It’s been a little quieter around here than normal but I promise I have some fun things up my sleeve.
First off, if you haven’t already would you mind taking our quick community survey? We’ll be drawing FOUR winners soon and each will win a $50 gift card to the Gussy shop, so be sure to take the survey so you’re entered to win. And that reminds me, we’ve had a lot of giveaways lately, which is a bit abnormal. I know not everyone likes giveaways so thank you for being patient. Giveaways are fun and especially with the holidays coming they can provide a few extra gifts to check off your to-buy list ;) Right?!
Los Angeles has had some pretty amazing weather so far this fall, I’m soaking up the sunshine. I thought of one of my favorite verses as I snapped this pic (below): Psalm 34:5 – Those who look to him are radiant... Isn’t that beautiful? I’ve been focusing on that throughout the day and it’s been amazing :) It reminds me to keep my focus narrow and to block out what’s on the outskirt of my path.
Zack’s been meeting up with his buddies on Thursday nights, and since I see my girlfriends during the weekday this has been a great excuse for me to sit down in the evening to paint my nails and watch a movie or read a book. Two things I love to do but haven’t had a ton of free time since… March ;) I’m (still) figuring out how to run a business and be a mama and wife. I’m sure I’ve said that like five times now. But, it’s been a journey. The business transformed completely when we moved here just over a year ago from Minneapolis. I had to find new processes for so much, and even though I’ve been stretched so thin at various times I’m so thankful.
Here are some things I’ve learned on mamahood + biz:
1. Recognize that dirty laundry and things on the coffee table or sitting near the door is a sign that life is being lived, and that’s something to celebrate! (Messes are unavoidable but they don’t need to be stressed over.)
2. During nap time, lay down. Rest your mind. It’s OK if you don’t want to nap, but take 15 minutes to rest your mind. And I dare you to not fall asleep ;)
3. Feeling icky or uninspired or overwhelmed? Head outside and go on a walk, but take the long route home
4. Put on some lipstick before your hubby comes home ;)
5. I shared this link before, but there are awake tasks and asleep tasks when you’re a mama — and golly, figuring these out has been gold for me!
Hmm. So that’s about it :) I can’t believe Thanksgiving will be here in just a couple of weeks. You know what that means for the Gussy shop, right?! Well, I’m off to work on a few things. Wishing you all a happy Friday!!! xoxo
PS. our tote bags are on sale — see the details here!
PPS. Gussy WALLETS!