Over the weekend we drove north and walked around Franklin Canyon Park for about an hour, and it was amazing. Bauer loves going on adventures in the Jeep, and now that we live in California we are enjoying being outside all year round. It’s definitely a huge perk for us. The fall weather is appearing here in Los Angeles and it’s gorgeous! It’s about 72* most days with a chill in the air in the morning and evening… perfect for snuggling on the couch while we sip our morning coffee. It’s also the best sleeping weather. Now only if Maxwell wasn’t waking up so frantic in the middle of the night… (Lemme just say, thank goodness for my highlighter stick to help me look more awake in the morning.) Anyhoo :) While we were walking the park Saturday — in all it’s peaceful glory — a random memory popped into my head, so I thought it would be fun to share “twenty things” about me that you may or may not know.
TWENTY THINGS //
1. I could eat ice-cream every single day of my life
2. I have one sibling, an older brother named Matt, and he is amazingly talented and funny
3. Something I struggle with is feeling good enough in the eyes of other people, especially my friends. I worry I’m not funny enough, good enough, smart enough to be a long-lasting friend. I know this stems from past hurts and I’m working through it, but it’s difficult more often than I’d like it to be
4. My dad made me a banana seat bicycle when I was little. It was Barbie pink. And obviously it was my favorite!
5. Zack and I met our freshman year of college. I thought he was super cute… and you know how that worked out for us ;)
6. Having a candle lit in the evening calms me
7. We adopted Bauer when he was 12 weeks old from a rescue shelter. As soon as we drove away with him in the backseat I had a real serious moment of panic. A PUPPY, WE HAVE A PUPPY! :) Also, whenever I tell Bauer, “daddy’s coming home” he perks up, shakes his collar and sits by the front door
8. I desire to know more about the books/people of the Bible
9. My parents have 3 grandchildren and they are all boys
10. Making a list of my “most important tasks” is the best way for me to have an accomplished day, whether it’s work or personal
11. I’ve been sewing for 5 years now, but a couple weeks ago I sewed through my finger ((shudder)). I never want to do that again
12. I wore orange heels on our wedding day ;)
13. My memory has become terrible… TERRIBLE! When they say having a baby makes you lose your memory, they aren’t kidding! I can’t tell you how many times I stare into space because I can’t follow my own thought…
14. One time in college, we snuck a puppy into our dorm room for a few days. The RA found out but he stared us straight in the eye and said he “saw nothing” (snort)
15. During the summer months, while Zack and I were dating during college, we’d take an entire roll of photos from a disposable camera when we saw each other. Our parents live three hours apart, so we only saw each other 2x/month for the weekend when on summer break. It was so fun to develop the roll and then split up the photos before we kissed goodbye <3
16. I was on the Varsity cheerleading team in high school all four years, and I LOVED it!
17. One year, for elementary school photos, I kept a piece of gum in my mouth because it was white and there was no way (!) my mom would be able to see it. I’ll let you guess whether she saw it or not… ;)
18. Zack and I have lived in three states (MI, MN, CA) and six apartments in our 5 years of marriage
19. I taught myself how to sew in 2008 from 30 library books and watching lots + lots of YouTube videos
20. The first time I felt Maxwell kick inside me was on an airplane traveling home from a blog conference :) I was feeling pretty nervous but kept telling myself, “I am brave, I am brave” during takeoff. And about a minute later I felt our baby kicking for the very first time. This is a very special memory for me
* * *
What’s something really unique or exciting about you/your story? I’d love to know. Leave a comment below! :)
PS. Did you see the Gussy Sews/Little Hip Squeaks giveaway that launched Friday? We’re giving away a large zip pouch that isn’t inside the Gussy shop, and pssstt — it involves a brand new fox print.