A little window into our new apartment…

maxwell-crib-gussy-sews

maxwell-gussy-sews

zack-maggie-gussy-sews

bauer-gussy-sews

kitchen-gussy-sews

art-gussy-sews

A little window into our new apartment. // We are totally unpacked, and the last of the decorating is happening right now. It feels so good to be in a larger space with gorgeous natural light. And an accent wall in the living room… chocolate brown… can I just say I wouldn’t have selected that color but I am SO GLAD it’s painted that exact color? Because I totally am glad. It’s gorgeous and all of our thrifted things look so wonderful with it :) Now that all of the hard work is done with moving I am exhausted. Does that happen to you? You find enough energy to tackle a huge project, but as soon as it’s over you crash? It’s a good week to be crashing… my mom is here so we’re sipping our morning coffee together and talking lots and Maxwell is receiving over a hundred compliments a day :D It’s lovely having her here. (Hi, mom!) I’m so glad it’s Wednesday. I’ve made it halfway through the week, fingers crossed for a smooth sailing through Friday, then it’s the weekend. Hooray! I’m looking forward to exploring the church that’s across the street from us come Sunday morning…

Item details: flapjack print is c/o Lori Danelle, custom (pink bird) Gussy Sews painting is c/o Casey Wiegand, red double decker bus is c/o The Land of Nod.

Comments

seriously?! all unpacked…I’m still not even halfway unpacked and I’ve been here for a few months now…so sad.

love how happy everyone looks. and sweet Bauer looks so comfy.

It seems like we are always moving at the same time! :) When you were moving out to California I was heading out to Washington and I also just moved within Seattle this past week. I know exactly what you mean about getting a big project done. The day after we moved all of our boxes I unpacked every single one and put the important things away. Now I’m looking for the motivation to do the decorating-which is not one of my strengths. Wish me luck! I’m glad to see you’re all settled in your new place!

I’m in Missouri, my parents have lived in Arcadia since 1986. We visited February 2012, part of me misses it. I lived there 86-88. I love exploring the LA area, it’s magical!

Gretchen Gonzales says

Where did you get the You Are My Sunshine print? I must have.

Your apartment looks so cool. I love everything about it, especially the people living in it :) and Bauer of course.

I am so impressed you are all the way unpacked. I still have things in boxes and I hit my year mark yesterday.

Did you get a separate room for the baby? My daughter is a couple months younger and we’re still sharing a room so I’m curious about other peoples situations.

• 21

@Haley, wellllll, we didn’t have much to unpack since we don’t have a lot in general. We are in another 1 bedroom, it’s what our budget allows so we make it work :) thankfully Max is sleeping through the night now, so we’re all getting better sleep ♥

Sweet! We have an accent wall that’s chocolatey brown, too! It’s very dramatic and we love it. Hope you’re enjoying time with your mama! Cheers to a restful week :) xo Joy

Your new space is charming and classic, with a hint of fun! I love it!! And that baby is precious!! I am loving my new Gussy Sews zipper pouch and cant wait for the Oct one!! Susan

Your new place looks bright :-) I prefer bright natural light as well. I always have the blinds open. Must be nice to be completely unpacked. Boy, I know the feeling!
    I totally know what you mean about a wall color that just so happens to be perfect . We used to live in a place that had these green walls that were painted by our previous roommates. At a glance the swatch makes it look a little too much on the yellow side of green, but the entire living and dining rooms and kitchen we painted in this green and I absolutely LOVED it. In fact, I miss it and I wish we could paint our current place in the exact same color.
    paint our current place in the same green.
    Enjoy your new home :-)