{sending & receiving snail mail}

update: it looks like nearly 28,573 of you have written me, so i’m sad to say i won’t be able to reply back to every letter like i initially hoped/promised. if you still want to write me, i’d love to receive your words :]

letter writing is so fun — to send & receive!
if you send me a note, i’ll send you back ♥
unless, of course, 28,573 of you write me.
then i will just sit here and enjoy all my pretty mail ;]

write me?

gussy sews
po box 300544
minneapolis, mn 55403

*be sure and include a return address.
xoxo

[photo credit]

Comments

Danielle J. says

Gussy,
    Does mail make you giddy? I LOVE getting mail……If it isn’t an ad or bill….!!
    -Danielle

Gussy Reply:

haha, yes :]
    but only if it’s fun mail!

People still DO that? ;)

I was the girl who, at 12, had half a trillion pen pals. There was a time when the mailman brought several letters each day and it was a cause for intense depression if the mailbox didn’t contain anything with my name on the label. Now? Well, hello blogging.

{But I’m thinking it’s time to put together a box of prezzies for the Gus.}

Gussy Reply:

my heart is racing. write me a letter — do it!!!!! :]

you are soo cute!! i will write you one day, promise! i just wish my handwriting weren’t so horrible~!! maybe if i wrote you 28,573 letters it would improve?? that would be my hope anyways! ;)

You’re gonna get writer’s cramp!! This type of project is alot of fun. I do Postcard Projects from time to time where I send postcards to my blog readers.

I love the typewriter and I love snail mail. Electronic communication cannot compare to a good, old-fashioned hand written letter.

Suzanne, the Farmer’s Wife

Marcy says

I LOVE mail!! And this year we just moved and didn’t get 1/4 of the Christmas cards we normally get so I would LOVE mail from you!!! ;) SUPER CUTE idea!

What a fun idea! Real letter writing is becoming a lost art. So sad because t’s such a thing of beauty. My grandmother used to write me letters all the time. Sometimes I wondered why she didn’t pick up the phone and just call me. Now that she’s not with us anymore I cherish those letters. They are a piece of her I keep with me. Wow. That took me down memory lane. Thanks.

How fun.
    I would love to be pen pals.
    Snail mail is THE best during deployments.
    With one headed our way soon, I would love to write you a letter every now and then.

I loooooooooove snail mail. Even correspondence to friends that I see on a weekly basis is sent through the mail. It’s so quaint and it definitely means a lot!

Tiffany says

I enjoyed reading your story Angie. I agree with you on so many points about being your own biggest critic, same here! I used to scrapbook as well and feel like now I get to be even more creative. Good Luck with your store and the necklace with the 5 beads is my fav.